Featuring 2 Wines for October - all from Contucci!
1) Contucci Rosso 2018
2) Contucci Vino Nobile 2015
Your monthly subscription, activates 2 bottles of wine delivered to your home the first week of every month.
These bottles of wine will be curated by Certified Sommelier David Gary.
Live Webinar on the first Friday of every month where we will discuss the region, winery and taste the wine professionally.
Entry level subscription is $65 per month, free shipping (taxes not included)
No contracts or cancellation fees, cancel at anytime.
The Contucci family is one of the oldest in Montepulciano, it is certainly among those who have a residence here: in fact they have lived here continually since the XI century.
Prior to the Renaissance they started cultivating vines and still continue today, to make Montepulciano’s wine famous throughout the world. Their farm holding area extends over 170 hectares, of which 22 are cultivated vineyards.
The vineyards, consist only of native vines, and are grown by the Spurred Cordon techniques with a density of around 4,000/5,000 plants per hectare, that yield 58/60 quintals per hectare that allow the growth of excellent quality grapes. The agronomic operations are carried out with the maximum respect for the environment; the fertilization and thinning out of the bunches is done according to necessity, the harvest is done manually, in boxes and with various stages for the selection of the bunches.
In the historic cellars, dating from the XIII cent., all CONTUCCI’s wines are aged in French and Slavonian oak barrels (between 800 and 2.500 litters):
- the classico Vino Nobile di Montepulciano for 24 months
- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano “cru” Pietra Rossa for 30 months
- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano “cru” Mulinvecchio for 30 months
- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva for 36 months (minimum)
- Rosso di Montepulciano only 6/8 months
- Vin Santo 6/9 years in the small traditional Tuscan barrel (named caratello).
- Bianco della Contessa is not expected aging in oak barrels..
Around a total of 100,000 bottles a year are produced.
Contucci wines are exported in small quantities in USA, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, South Korea, Estonia, Poland, Canada, Norway, England, Japan, China and Australia.